Requirements for approval of an institution or fund under section 80G.
11AA. (1) The application for approval of any institution or fund under clause (vi) of sub-section (5) of section 80G shall be in Form No. 10G and shall be made in triplicate.
(2) The application shall be accompanied by the following documents, namely :-
(i) Copy of registration granted under section 12A or copy of notification issued under section 10(23) or 10(23C) ;
(ii) Notes on activities of institution or fund since its inception or during the last three years, whichever is less ;
(iii) Copies of accounts of the institution or fund since its inception or during the last three years, whichever is less.
(3) The Commissioner may call for such further documents or information from the institution or fund or cause such inquiries to be made as he may deem necessary in order to satisfy himself about the genuineness of the activities of such institution or fund.
(4) Where the Commissioner is satisfied that all the conditions laid down in clauses (i) to (v) of sub-section (5) of section 80G are fulfilled by the institution or fund, he shall record such satisfaction in writing and grant approval to the institution or fund specifying the assessment year or years for which the approval is valid.
(5) Where the Commissioner is satisfied that one or more of the conditions laid down in clauses (i) to (v) of sub-section (5) of section 80G are not fulfilled, he shall reject the application for approval, after recording the reasons for such rejection in writing :
Provided that no order of rejection of an application shall be passed without giving the institution or fund an opportunity of being heard.
(6) The time limit within which the Commissioner shall pass an order either granting the approval or rejecting the application shall not exceed six months from the end of the month in which such application was made :
Provided that in computing the period of six months, any time taken by the applicant in not complying with the directions of the Commissioner under sub-rule (3) shall be excluded.